Nothing says home-made comfort food quite like a batch of peanut butter fudge. Whether you’re gifting it to friends and family, baking it as an extra special treat for yourself, or creating something delicious to share with your loved ones during the holidays – peanut butter fudge is sure to be a hit. But making this delectable dessert can seem daunting at first! Get ready for how to make peanut butter fudge that will have everyone asking for the recipe!
About Peanut Butter Fudge
Peanut butter fudge is an old-fashioned classic that can be made with minimal ingredients. It’s a no-bake treat, so it’s easy to whip up without too much fuss! The most important ingredient however, is the peanut butter. For a smooth and creamy texture, it’s best to use a creamy peanut butter. You can also choose to use natural or organic ingredients for an extra special treat! Read below to know how to make peanut butter fudge!
What Does Peanut Butter Candy Taste Like?
Peanut butter candy is a classic taste that many people love. It has a creamy, nutty flavor with a hint of sweetness. Peanut butter fudge has the same delicious flavor but it’s much softer and creamier due to the addition of milk and sugar, making it an even more indulgent treat!
Nutrition In Peanut Butter Fudge
Peanut butter fudge can be a tasty treat, but it’s important to remember the nutritional content. This type of candy is high in sugar and calories, so be sure to enjoy it in moderation. A serving size of peanut butter fudge will typically contain around 140 calories and 16 grams of sugar.
Why Are Peanut Butter Styes Not Crispy?
Peanut butter fudge is not crispy because the sugar and milk mixture used to make it is melted down and then poured over a pan of peanut butter. As the mixture cools, it sets up into a creamy, soft texture with no crunch at all!
Ingredients For Peanut Butter Fudge
Ingredients you need to prepare to make peanut butter fudge:
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
Once you have prepared the ingredients to make peanut butter candy. Read the shares below to know how to make peanut butter fudge!
Related: 2 ingredient peanut butter cookies
How To Make Peanut Butter Fudge
Instructions For Peanut Butter Fudge
- Grease a 9×13 inch baking pan with butter or nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over low heat.
- Once melted, stir in the peanut butter and vanilla extract until combined. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together powdered sugar and milk until smooth.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture into the bowl of powdered sugar and milk and stir until combined.
- Pour the mixture into the greased baking pan and spread evenly with a spatula.
- Place in the refrigerator to cool for at least 2 hours before cutting into squares and serving.
How Many Minutes To Make Peanut Butter Candy?
To make homemade peanut butter candy, it takes about 10 minutes of preparation time. It will then take about 2 hours for the fudge to cool in the refrigerator before it’s ready to serve.
Tips For Making Perfect Peanut Butter Fudge
- Make sure you use creamy peanut butter for a smooth texture.
- Grease the pan before pouring in the mixture to make sure it comes out easily.
- Don’t rush the cooling process – wait for at least 2 hours for it to set up properly.
- Cut into small pieces for easy serving, as this fudge is very rich!
- Store in an airtight container to keep the fudge fresh.
With these tips, you’ll be able to make a batch of delicious peanut butter fudge that will be sure to satisfy everyone’s sweet tooth!
Tips For Making Peanut Butter Fudge
If you want to make your peanut butter fudge extra special, there are a few things you can do! Try adding in some chopped nuts or chocolate chips for a crunchy texture. You can also try adding different flavors like almond extract, cinnamon, or even coffee for an interesting twist!
Variations on the peanut butter fudge recipe
You can use different types of sweeteners, add nuts or other crunchy toppings, and even combine the classic chocolate and peanut butter flavors with a delicious twist. Just remember to always follow the basic steps for making perfect fudge every time!
Start by combining your peanut butter (crunchy or smooth) and butter in abound, but the basics stay the same. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and peanut butter together, stirring regularly. Remove from heat once it’s completely melted and mixed together.
In a separate bowl, sift together powdered sugar, cocoa powder (if desired), and salt. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the melted butter and peanut butter mixture, stirring until everything is evenly combined.
Pour the mixture into a buttered 8×8-inch baking dish, spreading it as evenly as possible with a spatula. Let cool for about an hour before cutting it into squares and serving.
For extra flavor, add your favorite nuts or candy pieces when combining the wet ingredients in order to make a variety of peanut butter fudge flavors. You can also drizzle melted chocolate on top for an extra layer of sweetness and texture. Enjoy!
What to serve with peanut butter fudge?
This delicious treat can be enjoyed on its own, or you can serve it with other desserts. Try pairing your homemade peanut butter fudge with a light, creamy cheesecake and some fresh fruit for an impressive dessert platter. You can also enjoy the classic chocolate-peanut butter fudge combination by serving it alongside some rich, gooey brownies. Peanut butter fudge also goes great with ice cream, so scoop some up in a bowl and top it off with your favourite flavours of the creamy goodness. The possibilities are endless!
How To Store Peanut Butter Fudge
Peanut butter fudge should be stored in an airtight container at room temperature. It will last up to two weeks, but it’s best enjoyed right away. If you need to store it for longer, you can keep it in the refrigerator or freezer. However, be aware that the texture may change when frozen and thawed.
Tips and Tricks for Decorating Your Peanut Butter Fudge Masterpiece
Making Peanut Butter Fudge is a fun and creative activity that can be enjoyed by both adults and kids alike. With the right ingredients, you can create a delicious treat that’s sure to please your family and friends. If you want to take your Peanut Butter Fudge to the next level, here are some tips and tricks to help you decorate like a professional.
1. Use Peanut Butter Chips – Peanut Butter chips are a great way to add an extra crunch and sweetness to your Peanut Butter Fudge. Sprinkle them on top of the fudge while it’s still warm, then let it cool before serving.
2. Add Peanuts – Peanuts can be added to Peanut Butter Fudge either as a topping or mixed in with the fudge itself. They provide a great crunchy texture and also add a nice nutty flavor.
3. Drizzle With Chocolate – You can put an extra special touch on your Peanut Butter Fudge by drizzling melted chocolate on top. Dark chocolate, white chocolate, or even butterscotch chips are all delicious options for adding a special element to your Peanut Butter Fudge.
4. Sprinkle with Sea Salt – A sprinkle of sea salt is the perfect touch for Peanut Butter Fudge – it enhances the sweetness and adds a nice depth of flavor. Make sure to use a very light hand when adding sea salt as too much can make it overly salty.
5. Use Peanut Butter Sauce – Peanut butter sauce is another great way to add an extra layer of flavor to Peanut Butter Fudge. It’s easy to make and can be drizzled over the top or even mixed into the fudge.
By following these tips and tricks, you’ll be able to create a Peanut Butter Fudge masterpiece that your family and friends will love! Always remember to have fun when decorating Peanut Butter Fudge – there are no wrong answers so be creative and experiment with different ingredients.
Creative Ideas for Gift Giving with Homemade Peanut Butter Fudge
Homemade Peanut Butter Fudge makes a great gift for any occasion. With a few extra touches, you can create a truly special gift that will be remembered long after the fudge is eaten. Here are some creative ideas for gifting Peanut Butter Fudge:
1. Package in an Ornamental Tin – Peanut Butter Fudge can be packaged in an ornamental tin and tied with a ribbon or bow for a special touch.
2. Create Peanut Butter Fudge Bouquets – Peanut Butter Fudge bouquets are the perfect way to show someone you care about them. Take several pieces of Peanut Butter Fudge, wrap each one in wax paper and assemble them into a bouquet.
3. Create Peanut Butter Fudge Gift Box – Gather several pieces of Peanut Butter Fudge and package them in a cute gift box. This is an easy and fun way to give someone special Peanut Butter Fudge without having to spend too much money.
FAQ: Peanut Butter Fudge
What Is The Best Temperature To Cook Fudge?
The best temperature to cook fudge is around 240°F (115°C). At this temperature, the ingredients will melt together and thicken properly, giving you a creamy texture. It’s important to watch it closely at this temperature as it can burn easily if left unattended.
What Happens If You Boil Peanut Butter Candy Too Long?
If you boil peanut butter candy for too long, it can become too thick and difficult to spread. It will also have a burnt taste, so be sure to keep an eye on the temperature and remove from heat when it reaches 240°F (115°C).
How Many Calories Peanut Butter Fudge
A serving of homemade peanut butter fudge contains about 140 calories. However, this can vary depending on the size and ingredients used. Be sure to check labels or nutrition facts if you’re counting your calories!
Why did my peanut butter fudge not get hard?
Avoiding a fudge disaster is as easy as using a candy thermometer! Make sure you’re cooking the delicious treat to the temperature specified in your recipe – usually between 234 and 239°F. Then, enjoy creamy and delectable homemade fudge without any sticky messes!
Why is my peanut butter fudge dry and crumbly?
The perfect fudge texture is a precarious balance, requiring the exact amount of time over heat to form its classic creamy consistency. Too little and it will be too soft; cook for one second longer and all that tenderness disappears – leaving you with an undesirably hard, crumbly mess.
Should I refrigerate peanut butter fudge?
When it comes to keeping fudge fresh and flavorful, proper storage is key. Regular refrigerators can be temperamental so if you want your tasty treat stored with confidence try popping it in the freezer for a safe haven from light and humidity – ensuring that all its deliciousness remains intact!
Why does my peanut butter fudge taste grainy?
Have you ever taken a bite of fudge only to find it gritty and grainy? This dreaded texture is the result of crystallized sugar, an all-too common problem when making delectable candy like fudge or caramel. Even small splashes on the pan can cause sugar particles to reform, which can lead your sweet treat down a path that doesn’t end in satisfaction!
How long does peanut butter fudge last after you make it?
Keep fudge deliciously fresh by storing it in an airtight container. At room temperature, you can savor the sweet treat for up to a week; or refrigerate and enjoy within two weeks!
Is evaporated milk or condensed milk better for peanut butter fudge?
Evaporated milk is usually used in peanut butter fudge recipes because it produces a creamier texture. Condensed milk can also be used but the texture may be less smooth.
What should you not do when making this fudge?
When making this fudge, it’s important not to boil the mixture for too long or stir it too much. Boiling for too long can cause it to be burnt and stirring too much can result in a grainy texture.
Why won t my peanut butter fudge harden?
If your peanut butter fudge is not hardening, it could be because the temperature was too low while cooking or that it wasn’t cooled in the refrigerator long enough. To prevent this, watch your temperature closely when cooking and let it cool for at least 2 hours before enjoying.
Do you put eggs in this peanut butter fudge?
No, you do not put eggs in this fudge. Eggs are typically used to make custards and puddings but not for fudge.
What kind of sugar is peanut butter Fudge made from?
Peanut butter fudge is usually made using either granulated sugar or light brown sugar. Granulated sugar will give the fudge a sweeter, more traditional flavor while light brown sugar will provide a slightly more caramel-like taste and texture.
Conclusion: How To Make Peanut Butter Fudge
Peanut butter fudge is a delicious and easy treat to make at home. With just a few ingredients and some time in the refrigerator, you can have a delicious batch of peanut butter fudge ready to enjoy! Be sure to use creamy peanut butter for the best texture and watch your temperature closely when cooking. With the right preparation and storage, you can enjoy this sweet treat without worry. Enjoy!
Bill Dawers is the CEO of naan on broughton, a contemporary Indian restaurant in Savannah, GA. The restaurant opened a few weeks ago and has already found a fan in City Talk columnist Bill Dawers. The restaurant sits right across the street from the Marshall House on Broughton Street, joining the large number of hot spots on the shopping street.